How to Beat Post Project Depression

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Since I just finished working on a huge film project I have literally nothing to do with my life right now. It's a weird feeling. It kind of freaks me out. I'm so used to going 110% all day every day that this sudden expanse of free time feels so unnatural and demands to be filled.

I had a major case of Post Project Depression on Saturday (yes, the day after we wrapped) so I decided to fill it with summer adventures instead of doing the stuff I actually needed to (ie: prop inventory sheets, cleaning my room, laundry, buying a new phone battery) which I have to say I don't regret in the slightest. I did my hair for real for the first time in about a month too, so that was cool.

I started off the day by going to the Provo Farmer's Market with Kristen. The Farmer's Market is one of my favorite things about summer. Actually if I'm being honest, I mostly love it because of the mint limeade. Mint limeade is pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me. Also Kristen is the best photographer.

Hashtag no filter and all that. 
And yeah, I know this actually a picture of my face and my hands covering up the goodness that is mint limeade #sorrynotsorry. You'll just have to go get one yourself. And then thank me for telling you about it.

After the Farmer's Market, I went to a wrap party for the film project I just finished working on. It was pretty great to see most of my favorite humans in the same room again, even though it hadn't even been 24 hours since I'd last seen them. It was good food, good company and good times. Gosh I love those people. (Sorry no pictures, I was too busy enjoying myself).

When I left the party I was still in a very adventurous mood, and I also had 17 snapchats from my sister Aimee, who was going crazy after finishing the ACT so we decided to have some sister-nature bonding time and hike the Y. We had lots of fun taking shortcuts and making up "life is like a hike" metaphors.

Aimee refused to be in a picture, so I made her take it instead. Also please note the terrific tan lines.
Who says the Y isn't a pretty hike?
These mountains. They keep me going.

Later in the evening I decided to spend some quality time with my favorite non-human, Dexter. We went on a walk down by the lake through about a TRILLION mosquitoes. By some miracle I didn't get a single bite. And it was so worth it because after we made it through the mosquito capital of the world the view was gorgeous.


Dexter is terrible at posing for pictures. This is the best I got.  He was having too much fun exploring.
Dex was having the time of his life exploring the trail and getting as filthy as possible, so when I got him home Aimee and I attempted (unsuccessfully) to give him a bath. I just ended up getting really dirty, but it's the thought that counts right?

All in all it was a successful day of Summer Adventures.

On an almost completely unrelated note, two of my roommates are leaving for London Study Abroad in a week and I'm trying really hard not to be hideously jealous. It's not working. So I'm trying to come up with things to do other than vicariously live through their facebook pictures or stow away in their suitcases. So far all I've got is finish season 4 of The Walking Dead and obsessively listen to Lana Del Rey's new album. So not a bad start. I promise it will get more exciting.... Maybe.

Happy Summer!

Love, Brontë

P.S. If anyone wants to be my Walking Dead cuddle buddy, I wouldn't say no.


1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs