Let Freedom Ring

Monday, July 7, 2014

The Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. Probably because I love fireworks, parades, BBQ's and America. But even more than that, I love that this country was built on "Liberty and Justice for all."

I've been thinking a lot about freedom lately, and what it means to me and my life. I am so grateful to live in a country that allows me to practice my religion freely and live my life the way I believe is right. I'm grateful that I am able to get a good education, vote and pick my career. I'm grateful to live in a place that encourages people to dream, and to not be afraid of a challenge no matter how daunting. Most of all I am grateful for the men and women who put their lives on the line every day to preserve those freedoms. They will always be my heroes.

This Fourth of July was one of my favorite so far. I was able to spend it with people I adore, and I got a few of my favorite traditions in there as well.

Kristen and I started celebrating early and broke out the sparklers a few days before the 4th.






Sparklers are fun.

We did the typical Provo thing and hung out on University Ave until the wee hours of the morning, which always sounds like it's going to be more fun than it actually is, but I still go every year because traditions. BUT I did get to see several friends that I hadn't seen in a really long time, so that made it worth it.

On the actual 4th Kristen and I went to the Freedom Fest but it was super hot so we ditched it after 30 minutes and went back to her apartment to watch You've Got Mail  (which was definitely a good choice). On our way back to the apartment we stumbled upon a little printing museum:


Which just supports my exploring Provo habit because you never know what gems you'll find. Like a Gutenberg Printing Exhibit.

That evening we went to the Rooftop concert in our matching star spangled hats (because America) and listened to some Woodstock goodness.



Her arms got tired. 
After the concert we went up to Heritage Halls to watch the fireworks. All in all it was a fantastic day. 


God Bless America. 

Love, Brontë

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs