2014: A Year in Review

Thursday, January 1, 2015

*Cue obligatory New Year's Post*



I think this year has been the busiest of my life so far. I got to meet interesting people and do fun and exciting things. I also spent an unusual amount of time alone. 2014 was a year of re-evaluation and thorough self-discovery. And I came out very different than I entered. Better, I hope, but definitely different.

Let's talk highlights:

Starting the Film Program 
Getting into the film program at BYU probably had the biggest impact on my life this year. I started my first semester in the program last January and I must say that it has provided some of the best experiences of my life. I've been able to participate in so many amazing projects (On a High Arid Plain, Beyond, Chile Fields and more) and work with some of the best people I've ever met. I can now say with pure confidence that I know what I want to do with my life.


 



A Summer of Books 
I spent good amount of time this summer with my nose in a book. I'm so glad I did. I missed spending hours upon hours reading and I was lucky enough to have time this summer between semesters and films projects to do just that. I got out of my comfort zone and discovered new favorites (Life of Pi) and also let my inner reader out. Safe to say that she's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Cousin Road Trip 2014 
My cousin Bryce and I created a new tradition this year that I hope will continue indefinitely. We kept it simple this year and hit Bryce Canyon and Zion's National Park, where we survived Angel's Landing (the most terrifying hike I've ever done in my life). We also ate a LOT of licorice.

   

Homecomings Galore 
Several of my favorite humans got back from their LDS missions this year and it was the best. I'm so impressed with the people they've become and grateful for the examples they are to me. Plus I'm just happy to have their faces in my life again. 

 

(Sorry Tay, I couldn't find one with both of us). 

All in all 2014 was a pretty great year. And I have a feeling that 2015 is going to be even better.  

Love, Brontë

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs